Thursday, November 3, 2011

October 31 -- Happy Halloween

Hola y buenas dias mi querido y amado familia!
Just a little bit of some Spanish magic haha just kidding. but it tis once again the blessed time known to all missionaries as family communication. haha I loved all the letters and hearing about all the adventures and activities that are going on back in Arizona and that success is ever present for the Olivers like always. haha. So Halloween down and on to the Disneyland trip eh? time is going tooo fast. I already have 5 months down in the mission and that means I only have about 19 more! way to little. But anyways things are going right swift and swell. I arrived down here in Wauchula on Tuesday and let me tell you it was very hard to leave Naples. All the haitainaries and sister missionaries came to see me off due to the fact that we were all pretty close friends and we took pics and such but the drive was just so lonely haha. Its ok though because like always the rumors are not true. Wauchula is actually an awesome area so far and it has tons of potential. We are teaching families and because its such a small town every family has more family and friends who have all their family who have their family, so it ends up being a great system for referrals and member present lessons and such. Also because we are a branch everyone here is hungry and dying to become a ward. in other words everyone here is super aggressive and helpful for the missionaries. And everyone knows each other and there are great bonds and it really is an awesome area. I even speak Spanish quite often. It usually is only because i try everything I can to have others speak Spanish to me instead of just going back to English. It works and my Spanish is getting a lot better. I don't want to sound like I am getting a big head or anything But I had like 15 members tell me I had fantastic spanish. SO Heavenly father is definitely helping me out quite a bit. Sometimes I wonder though how much of it is true. haha I am still trying to work on completely understanding and a lot of other grammatical things but its comin and going and I trust that all good things come with time. But as for a little bit more of this area we have full car... It stinks because I love riding my bike and be able to stop and talk to everyone but my comp who has never even rode his bike doesn't want to start. haha By the way things with him and I are going very well. He apologized for the mtc stuff and we have been getting along great. He really is just a good guy and he loves the people here so much that I think he would go to any length to make sure we stay good and the work continues. Its quite an example of charity to me. haha Not only that but he is a great planner so we have lots of good things planned and there are alot of cool activities that we have every week that attract a ton of the less actives. They have volleyball nights and ultimate frisbee every Saturday so tons of people come and most are less active recent converts and some members. The secret is that it doesn't even have to be like a huge turn up. it just has to be enough to play a good solid game.... anyways though we have some sweet families who I am seriously already in love with. There is this lady named Jessica who has 5 kids and I seriously love them after like 3 days. haha she is working and getting close to baptism for all of them so we are really working hard with her. then we have her mom, and then we have the whole Juarez family who is about 50 percent of the population here. (most are less actives or recent converts) and we have the Figueroa's and the Maurilia and her 2 little boys. SO this place is a gold mine really. And we have a branch president who has a library of church literature and he sometimes gets called by apostles for what he knows about things. So he is super cool and ready to put us into action. He also is very led by the spirit and guides us and pushes us to grow. For an example I got a call at 10 saturday night and asked to give a 15 min talk on whatever I wanted to talk about. So i did and it was in complete spanish and everyone thought it was pretty good so once again the lord provides. haha I actually find it very easy to teach now. For another ex. Last week I had to teach an hour class on marriage for the gospel principle class. also went pretty well. haha but anyways yep things are good the work is kickin and deep fried chicken is ever present because only mexicans live here. haha I love this area and I love being out here. Missions are soo cool and satisfying. I also was reading and i found that one of our purposes on this earth is to be missionaries. In more serious words we had better be opening our mouths and fellowshipping otherwise we are not fulfilling our purpose here on this earth. I just love you guys and miss ya a lot but I also love my mission. I am always really happy to know that you are all doing so good and that you are still having tons of adventures. Keep writing and I will always try my best to get back to ya. I will love you forever and for always.
LOVE ELDER OLIVER
PS yes I did get the cookies and yes I did get your package and yes my heart is full of gratitude for the both of them, and yes you guys are the best , and yes we should switch cards because yes I do want you to see whats going on, but could you also send me the link to my blog? that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment