Monday, October 22, 2012

September 24, 2012


Hola Familia!

Well I am pleased to announce that I am having a baby!!! Yep you heard it-- I am spoutin out a brand new baby tomorrow!! hahaha (this is missionary terms for training) I am super excited and just ready to get my hands on this new baby boy. haha Pretty exciting right! Cool thing is that Elder Berry my "father" dies on the same day that his grandson is born just like my grandfather died on the very same day I was born. Cool coincidence right. Hopefully I can live up to the legends. Mom if I had to say my favorite companion that would be hard because they are all my good friends and I love them all but I really really liked serving with Elder Berry the second time and I actually have enjoyed being here in Tampa with Jarquin than anyone else. We just are having good times and hes just got a good straight on head. But I am pretty pumped because that means I will probably be here 3 transfers with two of those being 100 percent positive. It’s the 12 week training program so that’s two I will have with him. Then-- the next is a week before Christmas so we think pres will let us stay another hopefully. We will see. Well your letters were awesome and I seriously loved them. Sorry but I don’t have much time today due to transfers and such so it must be short so I can get all the pictures and music and things! Sorry..
Things this week went awesome! We found a new family who was super cool and actually just straight up gave us all the info we need to contact them and come back and visit without even us asking. She said the blessing we left in their house touched her and helped her feel the spirit and that she had been going through some tough times but that she wanted what we had! How cool is that? eh? Then we got into another house this week and taught the plan of salvation to this woman and man who had just lost their father. pretty good lesson and it went great. They want us back soon too. Then we had a couple of people show up at church which was awesome but when we went to pick them up with the member some Jehovah Witness missionaries came over and started having a conversation with us. It actually went really well and I was just once again reminded of how important it is to share our message and to be out everyday because (they were actually very nice) these guys could get to them and corrupt them so to speak. I just feel even a bigger drive to go out and find and I wish our members were more like the Jehovah Witnesses members. They actually go out and do and sometimes I just don’t feel like we all do. So talk to everyone you can. Also we had to talk to a woman about chastity this week who wants to get baptized but she has a boyfriend of 16 years. Pretty fun topic and hopefully they can figure it out because he is constantly playing video games and barely breathes. haha so sticky situation. She wants to leave him but then it’s like we separate the family to baptize them? haha We’ll see what happens. Also we have not found that family but she tells us more specifically where they are each day. So hopefully soon. She actually predicted transfers and said Jarquin
LOVE,  ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment