Thursday, February 7, 2013

January 21, 2013

This was the missionaries in Chantz's area performing a dance routine at a cultural event--all approved by the mission president of course!
Mi querido familia,
I am so happy to have heard from you and to hear that everything is going so well. It was nice to get letters from everyone! I truly appreciate it and trust me I know how hard it is to write. I just hope you all know how much I love you. We got to teach the plan of salvation to someone last night and I had the opportunity of once again testify that families can and will be together forever. I told them how much of a blessing it is to know that my family is and will be together forever, and how much comfort it has given me as I have gone throughout my life. The spirit was so strong and I was reminded once again of how much I love you all. You all mean everything to me and I hope you know that. I cannot believe how talented and awesome our family is. My companion the other day said "wow your family just looks cool." hahaha I was like you wouldn’t believe it. I try to restrain myself because if I start its hard to stop! hahaha But I am very proud of everything you guys are doing.  I had an experience this week where I had to learn to love being in the process of becoming the best and not just being the best, and that we can’t ever compare ourselves to others but we rather just need to see ourselves as our Heavenly Father sees us. I love you guys and know you always do your best.
As to answer your questions I am pretty sure I am staying but we never know! Yes it gets cold usually but it just hasn’t gotten that cold this winter, The Garrido family is awesome but we think the Colon family just sold their house we don’t really know so we have to check soon. Also yes the hair cutting sounds familiar!! hahahahaha
Yesterday our bishopric got changed and a great man named Bishop Ramirez was put in. For the first time my companion and I actually realized that the 12 actually pray over the names of those who will be the next bishop and make that decision through divine inspiration not just the Stake Presidency or one of the 70 but actually an apostle of the Lord. Que grandioso es su llamamiento!! haha I know the Lord is helping you to be the very best and to fulfill your calling to its fullest. I appreciate your example and also hope you know how much I love you.
As for me real quick, this week was pretty slow. Like there were many hours of just knocking doors. It was rough but beautiful. We found so many new people and I just got to feel like Alma and Almulek again. I love my companion he keeps going and going and helps me to be even better. Some people we found were a family of 10 who are already friends with members and who asked us to come back. Another was a man who realized he needs to die and be born again spiritually. Another was a lady who almost came to church but the member left before she arrived at his house. That was kinda hard but we understand. She was a little late and like the 5 virgins who had not oil was denied entrance for this week. We hope next week is much better. We found a couple people who are pretty rough around the edges but are humble enough to have the desire to try. I love the gospel because it works for everyone. I love my mission and I love playing my part. We are guided everyday and the Lord has been so merciful unto us. I cant describe the joy it brings to me. This is the true church and we are part of it. I love you
and hope you know you are the best family!
LOVE,  ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment