Wednesday, April 10, 2013

March 18, 2013


BUENAS

Well my dear chaps I might say that this was just a fantastic week. We had a lot of success and I really have no idea where it came from. Not only did we have success but our zone took off!! We almost met every one of our goals as a zone and we had set some pretty high goals. I could not believe it! Just a sweet tender mercy from the Lord. For us alone we were able to get part of the Hernandez family to church and have the rest of the family committed for next week. We also got 4 new investigators and they are all pretty positive-- 2 of them live with our recent converts! So we are pretty excited. Oh and one of the members who left to Wauchula came back and is doing great and texted us to come over to his house to visit. We also found a Dominican family that is already part of the church except for her 9 year old daughter. She came to church with us this week and hopefully we can also start to teach her mother. I feel like I am good at attracting Dominicans. Also we are super close to getting a couple baptisms! like 3 super soon I hope. Then we also had a great family night and another less active came and participated in it with us. So now Monday night is a BIG night. We have like 1 or 2 investigator families attending and now quite a few less actives. We are also trying to get another set up with some members so hopefully that goes through this week. I went on an exchange with one of the district leaders in my old area of Tampa 5c and we got to see some people that I have really missed. We also got to find a new family because we knocked a door twice in a row. The mother told us that they had been looking for a church where they would just "get that feeling." Then her husband and I have played soccer together before and he recognized me so that was pretty cool because it’s been like 4 months. Also we got a very less active man back to church this Sunday who hasn’t been in a long time named Narciso. He came and loved it again. We really just saw so many blessings and it was so beautiful. I love this work! I know the Lord is speeding His work. I am so glad that I get to be a part of it and for everything I had to learn in the process. I remember back at the beginning when I had no idea about anything just a big ol desire to be the best I could. Well the Lord has taken that and with MUCH time and MUCH pressure I feel like things are just starting to come a little better. We are happy as clams and swell as whales. Plus the ward is doing awesome here too. Given the bishop had to pass through a stroke but that has not stopped him one bit. FIGHT FOR ZION HHOOOO HAAAAA!!! (I just wrote that so you all could hear mom say that as she reads this letter out loud. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)   Family please join in the following;

HHAAAPPPYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHHDDDAAAAYYYY TOOO YYYYOOOOUUUUU!! HHHHAAAAAPPPPYYYY BBBIIIIRRRTTTTHHHHDDDAAAAYYYY TOOO YYYYYOOOOOUUUUU!!! HHHHHAAAPPPYYY BBBBIIIRRRRTTTTHHHHDDDAAAAAYYYYY MMMMMAAAAAMMMMMAAAAA OOOOOOLLLIIIIVVVEEERRRR (OHLIBER EN ESPANOL) HHHHHHAAAAAPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYY BBBIIIIIIIRRRRRTTTTHHHHHHDDDDAAAAYYYYYYYYYY TTTTOOOOOOOOOO YYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday mom! I love you soo very much! I hope you know I did remember your birthday and I have been trying to think about what I could give you but the idea didn’t come till just recently so it will have to be like a birthday mother’s day type thing. Please forgive me for my inabilities. But I am super excited to hear that you guys had such a fun trip. I hope it was everything you wanted it to be. Little girls I am so happy you had so much fun. Sorry to hear that the gorilla was so bipolar. It’s just that he’s jealous that he’s not a red haired gorilla. I have my schedule for all my classes because I had an appointment with my counselor. I am taking CIS 105 something about computers information, Microeconomics, Statistics, Sociology 101 and Public speaking. All of these classes will be on Tuesday and Thursday from about 9 in the morning till 6 at night. So not bad. I also have a break in between and I think I will keep it there and just take early morning institute. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Well I love you and have to go sorry this letter is so sporadic and terrible but next weeks will be better. I love you guys with all my heart, and can”t wait to see you all soon.
LOVE ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment