Thursday, December 1, 2011

Skipped a week--but catchin' up November 21

Hola Familia!
Well it has been quite swell out here in Wauchula Florida. We are staying super busy and the blessings never stop coming. First though I like to get the business out of the way. Yes I did receive the package. Thank you very much for it and the letter was awesome! I am sending back the other card with the turkey I made but I did need to know if you saved all the pictures? If you don’t want them I still do so I will keep them until I know if you saved them all.So to start off this week has been great. We have seen a lot of really cool things happen and success is coming to us. We had like 3 people come to us and tell us they want to get baptized! haha It’s pretty cool when that happens to you as a missionary. Two are kids and their mom will probably be baptized right after them, and the other is a woman who started coming to church with one of our recent converts and she said she liked it and wants to be baptized some day. Well it is off to work. The kids told us a while ago so they are supposed to be getting baptized this weekend but it might get pushed back one because the mom is starting to get the "we are going to fast deal" really we have almost been teaching them for three weeks now. Usually you can do it in two. but as always Satan dips his filthy little hand into the midst of all the wonders and now we are going to have to really strive to push past and guide them in. haha we also are having some success with the Juarez family. We have really been trying to remind them and to help them start thinking back to when they were super active and things were awesome but these people in all honesty are kinda hard in their hearts. We organized a family night tonight and we hope to really take a swing at em in a gospel sense of course. So thank you so much for fasting we are really gonna need it. Also we have another investigator named nelson who we are working hard with. I have told you a little bit about him before but this week we went over to his house and he came outside and pretty much spilled his beans. He has such a rough life and it leads him to drink and smoke and things but he hates that he does it so it makes him think almost suicidal. he said "I think Ima gonna go for da jail ya es mejor que dis house" or other things but I think I will skip the other things he said. He ended up crying and pretty much saying there is no hope for him and that he is worthless. But we just kinda listened and put our arms around him and told him there is hope and that hope is Jesus Christ. I really think it got to him a little because he came to church and now he’s reading the book of Mormon and he trusts everything we say. haha not only that but all the men in the branch went over and talked to him a little and just made him feel so much better. The lord prepares his people I tell ya. Not only that but then we also went on splits this week and I went to visit a referral with our awesome member hermano abrego. He is an awesome missionary! he is just so sincere and kind and patient and has this amazing testimony. I learned a ton from him that night. Rafael, the guy we visited, is now interested and is starting to take our lessons, on top of that the lady and her family who live with Rafael (not married or dating or anything) wants us to come over and teach them. Really good stuff going on. Oh and we have two investigators named Caesar, who is married to Vicki Juarez, and Amanda, who is married to woe Juarez. They have never really been progressing but that same splits night a lot of stuff happened and now they are both reading the book of Mormon and said they would pray about it.
Now for a little miracle for the week, we were getting back from a lesson in Zolfo which is like 10 min drive from our house and it’s about 830 so we decide to not go in early but to go and knock some doors. Well we pull up in this trailer park and the first thing that happens is this creepy looking lady walks up to our car and we are a little like what in the world? So elder Clark cracks open the window and she gets up close and asks "hey do you guys have any money? I need gas, I have a can over there and I need money to fill it."
Well little does this lady know, but I had been praying kinda in my heart for an opportunity to prove my charity/law of consecration like dad did that one time with the guy on the bike. So realizing that this is my chantz I reach into my backpack and pull out everything I could give her. I had no cash so all I could give her was my change bag that I save up and use to buy little things that I want or need. It had spilled in my backpack so I grabbed it all out and the last three coins I pulled out were quarters.. Yea big money right there. I sat there and just thought hmmm should I give her these three precious quarters? I am a missionary and really I don’t have much money at all, but then dads story popped in and I handed ALL the money over. She of course just ran off to do who knows what with the money but I felt accomplished. hahaha well of course blessings come by obedience to law upon which it is predicated so having been obedient here comes the blessing. First door we knock, a guy with no shirt on is sittin there and in a lively manner asks "hola que tal?" well we do our little introduction and then we ask if he works I have no idea why but that question sent him inside where he grabbed a bag, like a big ol bag of tomatoes and gave them all to us. And then invited us to come back on another day to visit him. At about 59 cents per pound of tomato we racked in quite the amount of change I would say. hahahaha yea I don’t even like tomatoes but the lord does bless. hahahahahahaha Just miracles that tickle me on the insides as I realize how much my heavenly father loves me even if sometimes it seems like a joke. hahaha
Well I love you all and I love what your writing and telling me and I miss you all soooo very much. You truly are a source of inspiration and strength for me out here. I can feel it no matter how far I am!
You are the best family in the whole zumbatrialtoombabamboozaagrandpoopaaloozaltion!
LOVE ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment