Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 5


Alrighty mctighty I be here once again ta babble about them going ons here in da mishun. Many of dem tings arrr swell an dandy an beuiful. haha Well it’s been a whole week since last I wrote and let me tell ya things are awesome. As always though the business needs to be taken care of. Thank you for saving my pictures please do so when I send them. Everyone of them. haha Also thank you for remembering my patriarachle blessing. I really need it out here. I can’t believe I forgot it. haha Alright now as for you all. WOW sounds like you guys are soooo busy! By the way I must give a rousing HOLLA HOLLA for my big ol birthday babe MMMMMMIIIIIIIISSSSSSS CAAAAAARRRRRRLLLLLEEEE HAAAPPPPYY BBIIRRTTHHDDAAYY!!!!!!! I was so excited to hear that you guys had so much fun and that dinner was great and that now you are old enough to babysit. I always knew you would be a very popular babysitter. Also good to hear that the bleach is still coming out strong in our family. Crazy bunch. haha Also just so everyone knows Chelsey is getting the personal letter this week and then the order follows I guess haha. Just as always it is super cool to hear that everything is still awesome and going swell. Cassie good to hear winter formal was bomb. make sure every minute of senior year is awesome! Clay sounds like you have become a workaholic. Always knew you would be. haha Keep making and saving that money for the most precious thing money can buy which is your mission. Carlee Cami and Chloe keep on truckin and having tons of fun and doing crazy things and being silly. Then after tell me about all the silly things you did. hahaha.
Well here’s the low down for the week. Transfers came and went and nobody changed which means most likely I will be here for a very long long time. But as for the miracles and such here they come. This week we had our two baptisms named Gerardo and Maria who are 11 and 9 and they seriously are the coolest most gentle and humble kids I have ever seen. They make me soo happy and I just love to visit them and teach them. Pure would be a good word. Their baptism went amazingly also because they had tons of people show up for it. Many people we have talked to before. But the best part was when I got to baptize Maria. She was soo smiley and happy and when we entered the water you could seriously just feel something different. When she came up I just had these feelings of hope. I just know this is something that she will remember forever and I will too. Not to mention when Elder Clark baptized Gerardo, he came up out of the water so happy he was laughing! Like laughter but not in an irreverent way just laughter from pure happiness. It sent chills down my spine haha. I wish everyone in the world was just like them. They are the children our Heavenly Father wants us to become like. Not to mention after the confirmations their mom said she wanted to get baptized too. So we might just have another here in a couple weeks. haha
As for the guy we met in the store. Ramon is doing awesome. He invites us over everyday and is almost angry when we can’t make it due to our packed schedules. Haha he loves joking with us and he listens intently to every lesson. The only problem is he can’t set a baptismal date for some unknown reason. We told him to pray about it and have a date for us by the next time we come so we will see if he figures it out. Also I have to tell you guys that the whole inactive side of the Juarez family is now actively participating in our family nights. It’s just the start. Not to mention we are working very hard with all of them individually. The miracle with them is that one of the families (we call it Liz's Family) is really starting to change. They way it happened is this. They have this boy named Oscar. Oscar is a little nugget. He is nine and he reminds me exactly of clay when he was younger, just by the way he acts. He refused to be baptized though for a long time just because he kinda likes to be a punk. So the first night I met him I decided to put all of my training with clay as a nugget to use. We became pretty much best friends instantly. We built ramps for his cars and we drew pictures of skulls and fire on it and deemed the name ramp of destruction worthy. haha sound like clay? Well this doesn’t seem like missionary work. but now every time he sees me he wants to talk to me and we imagine crazy things and talk about how we will make the ramp better. Well because we are great friends now he listens when I talk to him and he likes to do whatever I am doing. So when I talk about prophets he asks me to help him find one and then I tell him the story. Well this last week we were there I talked about baptism and he finally said he wanted to do it. His mom started crying and this Sunday they were all at church including their nonmember father. His name is Jose Deleon and he has told us he would get baptized he is just waiting for the right time and he is a little more not so easy to just discuss things with. But alas he was there at church and it was awesome to see them all. Then for the last little miracle this week... We were out and about when we decided to stop by this investigator house named the family Olmos. Well they were outside their house talking to another family so we park the car and walk over to them. Ends up being an awesome conversation and we find out that the family of the family Olmos is related to a family in our ward who happens to be in the hospital because their dad got in a car crash. Just little things and awesome testimony builders. haha
Well I just want to let you guys know how much I love you. You are all the best and I really just miss you tons. Make sure you are always being good and staying close. You are the best family in the whole MUHAHAHAltion
LOVE ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment