Monday, January 2, 2012

December 19, 2011


Dear Mom,
Hey here’s the business for the week. I did get your two packages you sent and I can’t tell you how grateful I was to get them both! The banner with all the Christ pictures was awesome and had such cool pictures some of which I have never seen. Second the 12 days is going well and in all honesty I am being patient and only opening one per day. They are all soo cool and they have all been things that I have just kinda needed. SO thank you very much. Also tell Grama and papa that I received their package and that the shoes are perfect! They really are very cool and I can now where a different pair of shoes and save my nice ones. They also are super comfy and they make me look good hahaha. Please relay that to them also tell them thanks for the money and that I believe their plan will be awesome with the whole money situation. I have not yet got the package from Grammy and Grampy but it should probably get here soon. Also could you tell the Weeches that I got the package from them and that it is quite scrumptious! hahaha It was a sweet popcorn box filled with lots of goodies. Tell them I miss them all and that I will really try super hard to get some sort of a letter out to them this week. Oh also the pants you sent are far too small. If I squat they will blow. haha. Also is a little bit of a hassle to pull them on. hahahahaha But I love you and appreciate everything you are doing to make this Christmas special for me too! I love you soooo much.
Hola Familia!
Well here it is the week of Christmas and things are going very well here in Wauchula. We are having fun, seeing little miracles, and growing lots. But might I first say that I love all the emails and letters you guys send. They are awesome and they really help to change a day from bad to good or from good to great when I don’t have the strength to do so myself. haha I am soo excited for this Christmas. It just is coming very slowly probably because I am soo excited for it. I can’t wait to talk and see you all and maybe laugh a ton and who knows what else. I do really hope that you all still have an awesome Christmas and that things go very well. Christmas on Sunday should be really cool too. We either are going to have a ton of people in church or none at all haha. But I thought I would let you know that we hit 96 people in church last week which was 4 off from our goal of 100. So we have high hopes and strong desires to work super hard this week. This last week was something kind of like a window of heaven opening and all my little hearts desires coming true. haha. Maybe its kinda Heavenly Fathers Christmas present for me. hahaha. But I got to do some very cool things which I have been wanting to do for a long time. To start off, lately I have really been wanting to service for some reason we never get the chance to do any kind of service out here. Meanwhile the English elders and Spanish sisters over in Seabring got to demolish a house in whatever way they could manage to do it. They ran through walls took sludge hammers to doors and punched everything in their way. SO of course having always wanted to do that and not being perfect I became slightly jealous and desired to have our own service to do. Well I never voiced it aloud like I should have but apparently the lord knew the desires of my heart because we had 4 opportunities to serve. The first was to paint a room for the Deleon family. (dads nonmember and their son just finally said he wants to get baptized) SO we painted and I got to do the baseboard and trim which is rather tricky at times hahaa but it was way fun and we all just talked and had a good time while doin a little service. Second we got to help Marcelina make 15 dozens of tamales. She doesn’t have very much money so in order to get money to buy gifts and make Christmas for the kids she decided to make about 100 dozens of tamales and then sell them for 10 dollars each. So we asked if we could help and then her daughter (Epi who is not a member) said we had better help them. haha So we get going and about two hours later there are 15 dozens done and meanwhile we had an awesome talk with Epi about the gospel in which many things were cleared up. 85 more to go and I barely made a dent in the HUGE pot of dough (I was the one who pressed all the dough into the husks) haha. Then the next day we come back to help a little more but this time another dream came true when Marcelina lifts these two huge chunks of meat onto the table, the two hind quarters of a pig. Then she hands us a knife and says go ta town. hahahaha Well I know it sounds gruesome but that’s was a ton of fun. The skin was still on and the fat was everywhere and the meat was still deep red and I was just going to town on this thing. The only sad part is I only got a picture when I was nearly done so my chunk looks rather small. haha I don’t know why that was a dream come true but it was. Then for the fourth we got to help the Deleon family again by putting up the new blinds in this newly painted room. Quite a hassle because the polls weren’t long enough so we jimmy rigged it and after a couple extra holes in the new walls it looked good. hahaha then afterwards they took us to this guy’s birthday party for some reason but it was cool because he happens to be the son of one of our investigators and he seemed to like us because he told us to come back some time. By the way if we got this guy or his dad baptized we would be able to pretty much baptize all of Zolfo because it is seriously his family that takes it all up. Ha-ha Then on top of all this we set up a soccer game on Saturday instead of going to frizbee. This way we are with our investigators and our members and we are saving miles. SO a win win win. Oh and its soccer you really can’t get much better. But wait.... it did. Chito who is a member that we have been working a lot with because he just got the Melchizedek priesthood, gave me a soccer jersey that didn’t fit him anymore. It’s a firefly and it’s blue with black stripes and just looks and feels awesome. So that amped up the game not to mention we had a Christmas branch party on Friday night, and Hermano Abrego made a ton of horchata but showed up late so he gave it to us so that we would have something good to drink during the game. Well the game was awesome and I scored twice but we got kicked off the public field (most likely because we were mexicans) so we went to the church and played dodge ball. Also way fun. Afterwards though there was still a ton of horchata (by the way I love horchata and have wanted some for a very long time but haven’t had the money to purchase it so another desire of my heart answered) So we took it all home and well we had about 10 pitchers full in our refrigerator. hahaha over abundance. Then Chito called us over to come and eat some barbeque that night and to top all these great little blessings President Martinez gave us a bag of ties (he is very wealthy and they were very nice, well most of them were) and told us to take whatever we wanted. Well I took like 4 or five awesome ones and elder Clark took the other good ones and then that night I traded him two ties for one of his very nice ties that came with cuff links. It’s this light green and blue shiny paisley tie that is super awesome. Oh and we had 19 lessons this week which is 1 away from 20 which so far has never been done here in a long time. Really this Christmas time is just awesome and we are seeing soo many little and beautiful blessings in our lives. I would write more but I am out of time and I am once again sorry to Cassie because it is your turn and I have now put it off two weeks when you have always written me. But I promise I won’t forget and I will write you soon. I love you guys so much and hope everything is going well. Merry Christmas and know that I have a testimony that Jesus Christ lives and that He was born into this world to save all of us individually and personally. He is the perfect example and if we ever want to be happy or happier we just have to try to be more like Him. He is our heavenly brother and the love that He has for each and everyone of us is divine and eternal. Because of Him we have hope to know that we can always be forgiven and we can always become something better. I give my witness that He is always with us and that He carries us when we can not go on any longer. I know that He is my Savior and redeemer and that because of Him everything will be fair in this life and in the life to come. I love Jesus Christ so much and I can’t wait for the day when I can sit and talk with Him and tell Him how grateful I am for what He did. I know this Christmas will be special. I don’t think I will ever forget it. I love you all so much and hope that everything is smooth sailing. Good luck with finals and little girls I love you sooooo much more than you guys know, and Mom and Dad I will always love and respect you forever, and Chelsey and Cassie and Clay I miss you all a ton and wish that I could be there to live up the memories and be the dorks we all know we are, You all are always in my prayers and I cant wait to talk to you on Sunday. If you think you need to talk to me think of how much I need to talk to you. hahahaha
LOVE ELDER OLIVER
PS Clay I don’t know what I weigh right now because no one has scales. but I will find it out soon. Meanwhile voy a estar en pos de excelencia!

No comments:

Post a Comment