Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 13, 2012


Hola Familia!
So this week was transfers and The news is........................................................ I am leaving to go to Tampa! Pretty crazy eh? And pretty sad! Elder Shields and I were so sure that he was out and that I would stay but yea verily the Lord had another plan for us. So he is getting Elder Beus (friend from high school) and I am getting a recently trained honduranian who doesn’t speak Spanish but is learning. He seems pretty cool so I am excited. The only down fall is that I am now on car share. So for the second August in a row I will be on bike baby! haha Hopefully I don’t lose all my weight I have put on. There is also other good news. There in Tampa they give us groceries every week so the Lord is taking care of me.  So this is all pretty crazy but I am super excited! I love my mission! haha  As for you guys back to the grind! How insanely fast was that! HOLY CAMOLE I never realized how brief summer is! It’s quite a bummer. But awesome to hear that everything is going so great and that everyone is so well. I just love you guys and miss you all a ton. I love hearing about you and seeing pictures and such.
Well Mom to help with some of that stuff I have no idea about the blog but I will be in Tampa so I might soon be able to get it for you. I hear we spend lots of time with President. Oh not to mention he made me DL so now I will have to conduct meetings with them there. So should be interesting but I’m excited. As for the whole Veronica thing it is all right because now she is in Bradenton and we sent the missionaries there to go and see her. They were the ones who gave us her as a referral in the first place. Oh and Samuel showed up this week and is doing awesome. He was so sad that he had missed church and such but he has been working like crazy trying to get a car and a house and now he lives guess where............In Tampa! like right by my house! How cool is that? That means he will be in the ward with us and that I will still be working with him. He suffers a ton of weird junk but the Lord blesses him abundantly. He didn’t really want to go to the ward in Tampa because he didn’t know anyone and the branch has kinda been like his family lately so when they told him he had to go to the ward in Tampa he was bummed but now he knows me and I can help him make a smooth transition. So pretty cool. Then yes white people are just straight up rude and here it is hard to not be a red neck. Like EVERYONE is a red neck here! --at least the whites are.
Mom and Dad I love you and seriously appreciate the work you guys put in to raise us up in the gospel I never knew how hard that would be until I saw many others who hadn’t. It makes all the difference in the world trust me! haha I just love you guys and that letter was great!
This week we had a sweet bbq with a ton of less actives which was cool and we committed them all to come to church but then of course someone ended up making an excuse and no one came! blast. haha Then we just had a bunch of visits Tuesday and Wed and then Thursday sports night was awesome. I ended up wrestling (play wrestling) this one Hermano named De Los Santos and he loved it! He is awesome and I was probably the saddest leaving him and his awesome family. They are so cool and they were always feeding us great mexican food. Then Friday and Saturday were awesome and we got pretty close to setting a date with Jesus and we kinda had service all day Saturday helping a WHITE family who was like super ungrateful. It was fun to serve but weird when this little like 14 year old girl comes out and takes pictures so if anything breaks she can show proof that we were the ones who broke it. It was crazy but you gotta love it. Then Sunday was sweet because everyone showed up and it was pretty sweet. I got quite a few pictures so should be good. Well I love you guys and I hope you know that I love my mission and that I have a testimony of the gospel. It works. I love telling people about it and I love to see that realization in their face when they realize everything is going to be okay and that there is happiness to be had in this life and in the life to come. I love listening to the prophets and apostles who inspire and encourage us to lift our bars and be better. I love the Book of Mormon. I have already learned so much from it and it surprises me how everyday whatever I read earlier applies to the people we talk to that day. I love to teach about Joseph Smith. The simplicity of the message yet the power it holds is a work and a wonder in and of itself. The sacred experience is undeniable and the Holy Ghost has to be there every time we testify of it. I LOVE YOU guys and miss you .
LOVE, ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment