Tuesday, August 21, 2012

July 30, 2012


Hola Querido Familia!
Well it has been a great and awesome week here in Apollo and I must inform you that it is about the same as Wauchula. The people here are awesome and they all speak Spanish so it just gets better and better. However I love the people of Wauchula so much and miss them dearly. But this area is great and we are having tons of fun. I also am so glad to be informed on your whereabouts and that they include California. How awesome it must be to go to the beach and play and have tons of fun. I love vacations! haha Send me pics please! especially of Clay and Sadie and Cassie and Chelsey and the little girls in gymnastics. if you want you could just put them on the hard drive! We missionaries just love pics and everyone in the ward likes to look at my little booklet thing I take around. Quick lightning questions answered round. I have now had like 3 to 4 dinners a week and we get fed lunch a few times too. I am now at 190 lbs. Spanish is awesome and I love learning it. Scott was known here in the mission for being a super good missionary but a killer of animals/ best Spanish speaker. I gave a 3 year old child a haircut the other day and didn’t realize the lady wanted me to like do layers and edge his head and such so when I tried he ended up looking like he was wearing a helmet and like he had a receding hair line. Shrimp has been on the menu lately. The kind where you have to pull off the head and deshell it. We went mtn biking and it is awesome. I now have seen many a gator. We are starting something in the mission called the Saviors peace and blessing and it should be a superb tool. Ft Lauderdale mission like 3x in baptisms. I got to teach a family with 11 kids under 12 years old the plan of salvation with the father who somehow escaped being deported. We were interrupted by some other missionaries from another church during our lesson with them. I am almost at 14 months and time is going too quickly. Did Grammy and Grampy get my letter? Tell them all that I do love them and miss them. We met a Mexican who thinks Obama will make us speak Chinese and hates him for it. We are working with Samuel our recent convert who has such a testimony that he would not deny the church when his uncle told him to or he would throw him out of his house. So he walked the streets with his things until he somehow got a hold of someone because not to mention his uncle mixed up all his numbers (he is in the mafia) so when he tried to call us he was calling someone else. Now he lives in a factory and is borrowing his boss’s car but has no one and nothing but his clothes and work for the moment. Yet he was there at church with his white shirt and tie and took the lesson on charity to mean that he should give more and be more charitable even when many who could help him are not. I was astounded when no one even offered him a room in their house or anything. We were the first to offer him our beds and shower because he has to shower with a factory hose. Keep in mind this is a man who just had open heart surgery and had to leave his life of wealth in Puerto Rico to come here for the medical reasons. He is use to making around 150,000 a year or more because he was a body guard and is ripped out of his mind. This is the guy that reminds me of dad by the way. Yet spirit still alight he goes on and trusts in God. I have never seen so unshakeable a testimony in my life. He just barely got baptized like 4 weeks ago! Now he has already been rejected for his beliefs and thrown into the streets with nothing but his phone which was messed up and clothes. I can’t tell you how great a feeling I get when I realize the Lord gave me the opportunity to be a part of his conversion. I am spiritually edified just standing by him. He actually apologized for not being able to do splitz with us this last Saturday. I LOVE THE MISSION! hahaha I am getting used to sweating all the time again. It is in the straight 90s all this week. I am reading in Mosiah and love it. D&C is full of things I never knew. God’s power is Honor. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I have come to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God in a much more powerful way this week. I feel a desire to be better and strive diligently to do it every day. My heart is full of love for those who do not love me and I have learned that to be strong can sometimes be a very lonely thing. I hope you guys are making sure to put on the armor of God everyday because I have been watching the cheesy seminary video of it every day during lunch. and I don’t want any of you shot by the wiley darts of the adversary. All this and much more to come hahaha
I love you guys and hope the best for you on the vacation. Try to do anything the missionaries are doing. It will help them out so much.
LOVE ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment