Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August 28, 2012

Hola mi Querido Familia!
 
 Hooodaladdy it was good to hear from you all! I loved the letters this week and they left me feeling even happier than before. So a few quick answers-- No the hurricane did not get us, All it did was rain profusely, we didn’t even have to stay inside all day but when we do we study and sleep and workout and study and play a game or something but mostly study and sleep and catch up on things--hahaha doesn’t sound too fun but I love it! It’s like a readathon back in elementary! haha The Book of Mormon however is a lot more interesting and a more fulfilling read so we all come off winners! haha Yes I love bike riding and it is great! We are being super blessed by the Lord right now so we are having tons of fun and just work work working. I LOVE TO WORK. hahha it makes everything better and it fills you with an indescribable feeling of happiness. My comp Elder Jarquin is awesome and because I am not much of a phone guy and he is we work together great hahahaa. I have really got to practice making my texts interesting and friendly because it makes a huge difference! One I didn’t expect. No the dl thing is just for the transfer you are called to serve. So it changes a lot so everyone gets a turn. Yes we got a lot more contacts and one that is actually very very funny. So I want to tell you the story. So the other day we were doing peace and blessings which is a more powerful and very successful way of knocking doors hahaha. But we knock into this lady and she goes "NOOOOOPPEE I don’t wanna hear it!" and we were like kinda taken aback because while she said it she was smiling (we get the line all the time but not with the face) so we were like "We actually are hear to leave the saviors peace and blessing upon your home" anyways it gets into this huge like super funny battle where she makes up a thousand and five excuses and we destroy everyone and then she tries to get us to go away by offering us water but she wont close the door on us. hahaha so we keep going (the words of the apostles in our heads about being very persistent) It ends up we are just kinda laughing and slowly setting a return appointment with her sneakily. Well she keeps saying no and no and no but we tell her we are coming back for her and she laughs and tells us good bye. Well we went back to that area to talk to some people around her and she saw us through her window and took off to who knows where trying to avoid us. haha she really is a very nice lady-- just doesn’t want to hear it. BUT hears the funny thing. We knock a couple doors and no one answers which is like weird. So we kinda decide to go to Walmart and get a couple things that we had forgotten to get. Well we walk straight into Walmart and who do we see? Yep Mrs. Rosa! hahaha she had like 2 boxes of fudge brownies and some chocolate syrup and some chocolate cereal so we give her a hard time saying things like "Hermana I think this is a sign;)" hahahaha she just starts laughing and talking to us and tells us how she tried to avoid us but apparently it didn’t work. She talked to us for like 10 min and then we told her we would come by this week. She said okay but make sure it’s at a good time. hahaha pretty sweet eh? Asides from that yes our baptism is solid as a rock and I am super happy to see him get in the water. He is super prepared and ready to go. We decided Elder Jarquin would do the baptism and that a member would confirm him and we are on our way. Not to mention we also saw another pair of investigators who actually saw us and came over to talk to us! So we were pretty excited to see them too. Ahh things are just going awesome and I am loving it. Also that was a service opportunity we had and it was tons of fun. We went with the ward and it was a great time. It was some program for feeding kids.
Anyways I love my mission I love being out here and I love your letters. I LOVE you guys. We are an eternal family, one that will make it. I love knowing that my family is good and that my family is obedient to the principles taught by the prophets, that my family goes to church, that my family sticks together and is founded on the gospel, that my family loves me, that my family wants to hear and talk with me and hear ALL my stories. I love you guys more than anything. I also wanted to tell all of you that if you are not reading the Book of Mormon you have no promise. Personally studying it. Not just family scripture at night. Sorry I just really have a big testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon and I really hope that you guys are all reading it daily by yourselves. I love you!
LOVE,  ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment