Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December 17, 2012



Buenas Familia!!
WOW This has just been one roller coaster of a week!! Much to tell you all I have. To start--Thank you guys so much for the wonderful letters!! They were beautiful. Now  the transfers did come and I am moving to ................. TAMPA hahaha really I am moving but one area over to be a zone leader with one of my best friends here in the mission Elder Vasher!! We have full car and a lot more responsibility. haha   We are pretty excited because we started our missions together and we never really thought we would be able to serve together but apparently the Lord saw fit to put me with him and now we are supa pumped!! However the address-- it appears that they don't know their own address and I can’t get it to you any other way than email and today is our only day to email so the office is going to be the only way to get them here. Yea bummer right?? haha We actually live within walking distance of the office so it should be fine. Like we pass by a lot so I won’t have to wait or anything.  I love you and just appreciate everything you do for me!! haha Also yes both packages got here and I am doing them 1 at a time!! I already gave away all the CTR rings to some kids and now the bands are next. They were so excited and loved them!! I seriously appreciate it!! As for our mission conference it went awesome! I love seeing all the other elders and I got many a picture! Plus it was the first and probably only time I got to see my MTC  comp that had to go home and then came back out--Elder Evans. He was so happy and just doing great. I love the atonement and how it can change us and make us so much happier people. We also got to hear many people sing and show us their talents as they put on a program about Christ which was awesome. Oh yea I thought I escaped singing at the program so instead I just got asked to sing a solo for the ward next Sunday by a  Hermana and she asked me yesterday!! haha Good thing I have so many showers to practice. And yes I do practice in the shower still. hhaahahahahahahahaha My comps all know it and some have taken to doing it also. I love my mission!! As for all them other things they are going well and I will tell you about them momentarily. As for you guys I am SO glad to hear that the tradition of the annual Disney land trip has not stopped nor will it by the sound of it. I am glad to hear that mom did not die probably driving like a chicken with her head cut off and that Chelsey probably did drive like a chicken with her head cut off as she stressed for the plane. Like mother like daughter eh??? hahahahahahaa I just couldn't help but make the correlation.
Well I love you guys and wish the most very merry Christmas and hope you got my package that I sent you. and that you do not open it until Christmas!!! See how it feels???? muahahahahaahahaha  I made a serious choice that I would be obedient to your wish mom even though I knew you wouldn't know to not open all 12 gifts the first day. It has been quite the process but I look forward to it every day and have loved each one so far! I love you guys!!
This week went by like lightning!! The good thing about these transfers though is that I am staying really close to my beautiful greenie. I really couldn't have asked for any better of a call. But some cool things this week happened that I really want to share with you guys. This week we have had the car and it has been awesome!! However Tuesday we had a bunch of things set and absolutely everything fell through! Like even our most positive people who always take us in didn’t have time, We knocked for like 3 hours and got nothing, we went to members who weren’t home, we called everyone!! It was awful and I truly felt like good ol Alma and Amulek. Then as the day was coming to a close we were in the car and we had been praying all day to know what the Lord would have us do that we might see success and of course nothing..... So I am there with Elder Russell just trying to think of what to do and as nothing comes to my head I let out a "what would you have us do Lord?" I kid you not I had not even made the last d sound before we got a text with a referral for a man named JESUS. Ironic eh?? Well we had no more time that night but the next night we go over to his house and he welcomes us and ends up sharing about his strong desire to have a great family and to quit smoking and drinking and how he wants to know about God because in Cuba they don't really have choice in religion. It was a beautiful experience that once again reminded me that it is after all we can do that we see the hand of the Lord. Not only that but we were able to go to an activity call NOCHE DE BELEN or night in Bethlehem. It was beautiful and the spirit was super strong and I had the opportunity of giving away a couple cards and a Book of Mormon all in under an hour!! That was while I participated in the show and all the side activities there were. I just kinda finally feel like it’s coming to me and I am starting to see how missionary work can be done in every moment and situation. We just have to offer and open our mouths and the Lord has never failed to fill it. I just know He is there and that He loves us for trying. I love wearing my clothes and name tag because people know who and what I am. I have never felt so much joy in being a saint in the true church. I love sharing my testimony and I love to love. It has actually been hard just to move one area over because I will not be able to see these people as much and it just makes you want to cry. We were with our over the top positive investigator Jacqueline who has already done 3-- 24 hour fasts so that her husband’s heart would be softened (we had her do the first and then a couple weeks later she ends up telling us she had already done two more) She gave up coffee since the first night we told her and she reads every night. Yet in her greatest hour she is also passing through some of the hardest experiences I have ever seen a woman pass through. It was pretty rough having to tell her I would no longer be coming over all the time! She almost gave me a besito!! haha (Latina cheek kiss) And she told me I was to come back and see here as much as possible. Good thing is that as ZL I have to do splits with the dl and Elder Russell's new companion is a DL. SO I will probably be visiting quite often!! Anyways. I love this area and I love my mission and I love you guys and I hope you all have a great Christmas!! I will probably get to call you to set up Skype and stuff but try to remember all the passwords and all that whodaladdy.
LOVE,  ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment