Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December 3, 2012

I know I am way behind on Chantz's letters so I am just going to do all of December's and then I will be caught up--Hopefully I will be better in the New Year!!

Querido Familia Mia!!

Might I endeavor to say to that you guys sound busy!! wow like really really busy hahaha. I am happy to hear it but I hope you are enjoying it all! hahaha Those letters were awesome and I feel very very filled in on the whole going ons of the Oliver household. Thanks so much for taking time to write and for making them great. I love you guys! As for me here things are also going great. We are having a lot of fun and like always we are a work work workin. Transfers are in two weeks so I have no idea where I will be and I don’t really know what to tell you because I could definitely be transferred having been here 4 and a half months with only 6 remaining but I could also stay here. I really don’t have a preference but I love this area!! and we might actually get to use the car soon! Hallelujah. Also I don’t know if you all saw it but man that was an awesome devotional last night!! I felt so inspired by it and I am ready to make this Christmas awesome!!  Mom--Holy camole you sound like a flurry of random rather bothersome task killer. I am impressed and starting to realize just how much you always do for us. I must applaud you because it takes enough from us to just bake a cake for an investigator and actually get it to him. hahahaha I love you and also cant wait to talk to you guys on skype. Dad, Think how easy it was to get those people baptized and then next time remember how important the work is and then teach it to everyone in a way that all members become a missionary and then miracles will always happen. The work is hastening and we can either support or not support it. I know you are doing great as a leader for the ward and I hope you feel the burden lift every time you see a tender mercy. I know you are a pro at that and I can’t wait to talk to you for hours on end about the gospel. It has now become a favorite past time of mine. I was thinking the other day if I would be really weird when I got home and I kept thinking "nah I won’t be that different." Well we were riding in the car with an investigator who was taking us to his house for a lesson and usually we use this time to try and befriend them and really listen to their other interest when I realized that within the first five minutes of talking with him the whole conversation had switched to the gospel and then the whole car of about 5 people joined in and then I realized yep I am definitely a little different because all I know is missionary work and that’s all we talk about all day. I just hope to come home not saying "look at all them ninos!" hahaha
Well this week went great and we are having a baptism this week on Sunday. Super pumper are we and things are just getting better. We found a new guy this week who asked me to come over 60 more times before my mission ends because we make him feel good. He is a drinker and a smoker but he has desires to stop and he is also not married but he really is worried about his girlfriend because she was suppose to have lived only one more year due to some cancer she has. But she has passed that time and is just continuing forward not knowing when it could just completely take her. I imagine the fear she feels and the way we must make her feel as we share the gospel with her. Also her boyfriend asks us to pray for her and was actually the one that introduced us to her. I love teaching people and giving them hope when they have none. It is probably the most gratifying type of experience a guy can experience out here. For that reason I love being a missionary. Other than that we had a lot of things fall through but we found a couple more people and hope to start them on the path. Really not much more than that happened this week but the work continues on and we are desirous to get everyone we can. I hope you guys have a great week and that you are able to make someones Christmas in even the smallest way.

LOVE ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment