Tuesday, May 21, 2013

April 22, 2013

Querida Familia Mia!
Well this was quite the week, let me tell you! Sounds like you guys are also having the time of your lives! hahahaha Hopefully everything works out for you and that it all goes smoothly and that you just enjoy the good moments. As Christ would say peace be unto you--don’t forget to include the Lord in all these things. I am sure you do. I love you guys and I hope you also know how excited I am to see you guys! It’s coming quick! The days are just crossing themselves off. haha Also I will probably be home around the 28 or the 29 of June because President wants us out before the new mission president arrives. So take off 2 or three more days! hahaha
As for the questions, Everything is great and wonderful. We love our new son who is dorky and funny and just a great guy set on learning the language. We definitely got the best one. His name is Elder Beach. So we call him Elder Playa because Hispanics have a hard time pronouncing his name so a lot of bad words are goin’ around when they try! hahahaaha Manny is still heading towards May and hopefully he can get there! Not only that-- his son wants us to baptize him too. About Flavio, he is still a great guy. We actually are seeing him on Tuesday, he just is going through a really stressful moment, and we kinda put some more on when we told him he needed to come to church. Hopefully we can get in and settle him a little before it goes to far. However we were able to go back and see the Colon’s and they are doing terribly. We knew they would and it is just soo sad to have to watch it. They are very open and they even tell us that they have not felt peace since we left. They tell us they knew it was true and that what we taught really helped them out, They recognize that everything has gone down and that life is empty without the gospel. The Hermana is a lot nicer and she never really wanted to leave but she supports her husband who kinda got prideful and after he got all that he wanted, decided to try and find what is wrong with us rather than continue to search for
truth. So she tries to be supportive of him but I can just look in her eyes and see the hurt and the desire to start learning again. We are the only people her husband has ever listened to about God. So we are trying to get back in there and start up what has been stopped but the Hermano is hurt. He knows that what he has done is his fault and he will have to overcome much pride to get back to where he was. We are excited and I know its gonna happen! hopefully... I feel like lately I have just been able to love with my heart a little more wide open. I feel like I have been a little better at understanding the whole situation rather than just the surface. We also are working with the Hernandez and they are doing great but we are going to have to move the date because we just found out that they are actually not married. SOOO we will see when that happens. We also are doing great with finding many more people and actually happened across a woman who is friends with a member in our ward and hopefully we will be able to see them soon. We are seeing our less actives become active and we are making great progress it just takes a maximum amount of patience and humility. I love it and it has been such a blessing for me. As for the extension I don’t want you guys to get excited or worried but we are looking into it a little and a couple sad things have happened so we are not so sure about it anymore. I am just praying my lights out to know what to do because I am sooooooo excited to see you guys but the service I can give the Lord is priceless and blesses my life so richly. I have been talking with the President about it and hope to find out soon what is up. I am sorry but today is a little short due to a couple things we have to do.
QUICK LIGHTNING ROUND
I ate octopus tentacles this week and it wasn’t half bad
I am still weighing about 185 so I am a bigger boy
I am very lacking on movie quotes nowadays
I am Abraham, Elder Durrant is Sarah and Elder Beach is Isaac (because we bore a child in our old age)
I can't wait to see pictures of all the stuff going on this week
I like spicy stuff but it always gives me the hiccups
I witnessed a man eat 15 pancakes from Dennys
I witnessed the eating of a 28 inch pizza
I got to have a papaya smoothie that was actually very good
We got 2 more companionships in our zone
We have 9 companionships in our zone
We have 6 dates set right now (some will be moved back)
Did you hear about the Boston bombing?
My Spanish is getting better
I can almost quote all of Finding Faith in Christ in Spanish also The Testaments
I love Hispanic music, and have much to listen to when I get home
I set a goal with a member who wants to take me and Elder Durrant to Columbia next summer
I also am having weird dreams
I am a weird guy while still in sleep mode and am known to say many a weird things that don’t make sense and then never remember saying them
I LOVE YOU!
LOVE ELDER OLIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment